We take care of your disposal needs while helping the planet with our full service recycling options.
We take care of your disposal needs while helping the planet with our full service recycling options. You’re supplied with three (3) heavy duty plastic roll carts for all your disposal needs.
- Mixed Compostables Recycling
- Co-Mingled Recycling
- Landfill/Garbage disposal
Get our mobile app to set collection day reminders, schedule bulky item pickup, pay online, or lookup an item in our Waste Wizard to find out what cart it belongs in!
Mixed Compostables Recycling
If it grows, it goes! Mixed Compostables is our 100% recycled option as all Mixed Compostables collected at the curb are hauled to a regional composting facility and turned into compost. A 96-gallon cart is provided to dispose of all Food Scraps, Food Soiled Paper, and Plants. This cart size might seem large, but it’s for ease of dumping as well as accommodating large yard debris.
Items You Can Recycle in the Mixed Compostables system:
All Food - fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, seafood, bones, grains, beans, pasta, bread, cheese, and eggshells
Food-Soiled Paper - napkins, paper towels, paper plates, tea bags, coffee grounds/filters, unpainted wooden crates, sawdust
Plants - floral, trimmings, tree trimmings, leaves, grass, brush, weeds
- Place carts out before 6:00am on your service day.
- Collect Food Waste in a container with a tight-fitting lid in a convenient place in your kitchen. Rinse container after each use or if you must, line with newspaper
- Put out compostables every week.
- It’s a good idea to ‘layer’ yard debris under and on top of food waste to keep cart cleaner and less odors.
- Use baking soda to help absorb liquids and minimize odor.
Recycling should be easy! That’s why you can combine Paper/Cardboard, Plastic, & Metal all in one 65-gallon blue cart. We collect glass at two (2) Glass Depots around Newport. Why we don’t collect glass on the curb.
Here is what you can recycle in your Co-Mingled Recycling cart:
Paper/Cardboard - junk mail, magazines, flyers, office paper, envelopes, gift wrap & cards (no foil), post-it notes, paper bags, newspaper, cardboard, paperboard, phone books/paperback books (loose in a paper bag or cereal box).
Plastic - Please rinse first. Plastic BOTTLES/JUGS ONLY. Check the neck - the opening must be smaller than the base.
Metal - Clean tin & aluminum cans, empty aerosol cans (do not puncture or remove nozzle), clean aluminum foil, pie pans, metal lids, other scrap metal (30lb. max no longer than 30 inches).
Curbside Service, Comingled, Helpful Tips:
- Rinse all containers before placing in cart
- Print and post the WASTE 101 Guide or WASTE 101 (ESPANOL)
- Contain loose recyclables in paper bags or boxes so material doesn’t fly out when cart is emptied.
- DO NOT include glass, plastic bags, plastic tubs or clamshell containers, styrofoam, or shredded paper in your recycle cart.
Curbside Service, Landfill/Garbage Disposal, Helpful Tips:
- Place carts out before 6:00am on your service day or the evening prior to collection day to avoid a return for service charge.
- Position carts at the curb or fog line, wheels facing away from the street.
- Place cart four (4) feet from any other object, including your other carts.
- Collection day is the same day each week, but not always at the same time of day.
If you have more garbage than will fit in your cart, please leave excess trash in a bag next to the cart for an extra fee.